Wednesday, June 12, 2013

An A-word?!

Hey you guys! Emily here, to talk about my newest obsession,
 one of my favorite authors of all time (and a long time family friend!), 

Joy Preble!
(Yes I did have to put her name as a rainbow, she's just that awesome.)
 She's a YA author, and has written 4, count em, 4 books you can buy, including;
(A very cool trilogy set in Chicago about Anne and her adventures with Ethan and Russian folklore. I HIGHLY recommend these books, they're a fast paced read with a wonderful storyline for each!)

and now...

the new...

(drumroll please...)


   
It's a story set in Houston, Texas and I'll give you the description that she does, so I won't spoil anything. :)

"14-year-old Jenna Samuels is being poisoned. So she does the unthinkable: gets in a car with her stoner brother Casey. They crash rushing to the hospital, and Jenna awakes in the ER to find that Casey has died - and come back as her guardian angel. He's now nauseatingly attractive to everyone and even more annoying to her, but they must work together to uncover the shocking truth about her poisoning and what it has to do with their father's disappearance."

Sound good?  
(Well, it is.)

I got my copy this afternoon, (signed! YAYAYAYAYAY!) and I've only read about an hour and a half's worth (ie: halfway through it, I read quickly) but I can tell you guys one thing. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING.
It combines the perfect amount of jokes, teenagerisms, and language.
(ALSO, THE A-WORD IN THE TITLE IS NOT ME CURSING, IT'S WHAT JENNA CALLS AN ANGEL, YOU'RE WELCOME.)
I recommend picking up a copy soon, and I guarantee, you won't regret it. ;)

(You can go check her out at her website, on her blog, or stalk, I mean follow her on twitter @joypreble)

On another note, Annabelle, River and I are going to have a hectic schedule for the next few weeks as some of us are going to summer camp. So, we'll probably be on hiatus for a little bit, and we'll keep you guys updated with posting when we can. 

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
As always,

and see you next... well... soon, no.... that's not it...  
sometime in the future.
Maybe.
If I feel like it. 

'Til then!
Emily



EDIT: Check out Camp Nanowrimo, a fun adventure for writers, professional or not, to embark on, starting July first! I will definitely be participating, so you should too! (Link here

No comments:

Post a Comment